Creating custom pages is simple... and it can take a lot of time. It all depends on how much time you want to invest in each of the pages you create. Let's create a simple custom page from scratch to see the overall process.
*NOTE-If you are wanting your custom page to be located under a folder in your header, you must first create that folder.
Step 1: Access the Page Builder Management Area
You can find this from Mission Control or from the left navigation of the admin backend.
Step 2: Add a New Page
The Page Builder has a drop down providing you with a series of platform pages and the option for a custom page. Select custom page option.
The page settings area will allow you to do the following:
- Page Title - add your page title here for how best you will recognize this page as you look through your administrative menus.
- Show in Header or Footer - this adds a link to this page from your header or footer for quicker navigation for your members. You may find that you have a number of pages that are not linked from your header or footer.
- Landing Page - this feature allows you to setup this page without the other site navigation allowing you the ability to have a page without the distractions of other navigation. This is great as a sales promotional page to focus the audience on a single call to action.
- Folder - if you have menus set up, you can select where the page will go here.
- Page URL - this is the URL your members will see. Think of something simple that they can understand and remember when creating this page.
- Folder Settings - this allows you to select who can view this page. You may set your page as for anyone to see or for members only. If for members only, you can select which membership tiers have access to this page.
Step 3: Create Page
Build your page using the Page Builder tools.
Step 4: Publish Your Page!