Step 1 - Create an Event
Start by creating an event from your Mission Control. You may need to contact Cause Machine to open permissions for hosting a Virtual Event depending on your subscription plan.
Step 2 - Load General Information
Next enter general information to get your event initially setup. This step is one page and will take you just a few minutes to complete. Here's what you need to get started:
- Event Name - what is the title you want people to see for this event?
- Date Range - enter the event start and end date and time (make sure to enter the time zone too)
- Event Type - choose virtual event
- Event Privacy - most are public
- Event Overview - basic over of event that displays on the event page
- Event Info - additional event information that's visible when a viewer clicks a "view more" button
- Registration Windows - how long does someone have to register for the event
- Logo - add an event logo (this is a different file from your community logo but maybe the same logo - if the same you still need to load the image here)
Initial Setup Page | General Event Tab
Registration Window Settings | Event Logo
Step 3 - Publish
Once complete, click publish (or save as draft if desiring to keep the site in a draft mode).